Pages

About Me

Welcome and thank you for joining me on my trip along the road to LVRS (Lung Volume Reduction Surgery). My name is Penny; I am from the beautiful Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania ... and I have emphysema. Walk along with me from first diagnosis to Lung Volume Reduction Surgery.
THEY'VE HAD LVRS

Following are excerpts from postings in my Guest Book from those who have gone before us and have had LVRS. Obviously, we probably won't hear from those for whom the procedure didn't work as well as they had wanted and we've got to remember LVRS doesn't produce the same results in everyone, but it's encouraging to read about the "good ones".

JON
I had VATS-LVRS at the University of Washington Medical Center on 3-21-06. I didn't experience the pain/muscle problems you noted and was on my way home on the fourth day. It has given me a new lease on life and would recommend it highly to those who qualify.

FRED
I had LVRS on 9-8-99 by Dr. Cooper in St. Louis, Missouri. Would not be here today without it.

BUNNY
I had LVRS on March 3, 2004, and it helped me so much; I can begin to tell you.

CATHY
It's been almost 8 weeks from the date of my surgery and I can say it was worth it.

CATHY (another Cathy)
I had LVRS 1.5 years ago - best thing I could have done. You'll feel much better and the anxiety that goes with SOB will be gone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,I'm not sure I'm doing this correctly. I thought I might of send you another message before,and if I did, sorry for this one. You see on the 8th of Dec,. I see my doctor who will let me know if surgery is in my future. My question, should I do it? I'm afraid, and I don't have much family to help me. How long could I be laid up? my email is nancyeverett@verizon.net,if you get a chance to talk (if u want) that is. Thank you, and I'm so happy for you and you doing well.

Terri said...

Hi Penny!

I am new to your blog and have been given the option of a having a unilaterial lvrs. I was wondering if you know of anyone who has had a unilaterial lvrs and would be willing to share their experience with me as I am afraid. Thank you so much for your blog...I see myself in some of what you are saying which is extremely helpful as I learn that I am not alone ...
Again, Thank you and Bless you
Terri

Penny said...

Terri, please email me at pitapony at yahoo dot com.

Anonymous said...

Hello Penny!

Thanks so much for your blog! I am to go next Tuesday to decide whether or not to have LVRS at UNC (it is Sunday today). I am apprehensive but was so glad to find this site, as this is the only plavce I have found with post-2000 personal experiences with LVRS.