Pages

About Me

Welcome and thank you for joining me on my trip along the road to LVRS (Lung Volume Reduction Surgery). My name is Penny; I am from the beautiful Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania ... and I have emphysema. Walk along with me from first diagnosis to Lung Volume Reduction Surgery.
These comments are from Muffin's and Tony's stories and I want to repeat them here.

* Anyone out there, if you think you may qualify for LVRS or if you don't know, find out and go for it, you will never regret it.

* I can speak only for myself but I recommend the procedure to anyone who qualifies. The improved QOL is worth the initial discomfort.

* I echo these sentiments wholeheartedly. LVRS is surgery and there will be pain and not everyone has the same results but the benefits far, far outweigh the negatives. Find a good LVRS facility, get evaluated, and go for it!

I'd like to add one thing...get into a good rehab program both prior to the surgery and afterwards. I can't praise the one at Duke enough. 4 hours a day, 5 days a week sure sounded impossible when I first started but I know that's what led to a fast and successful recovery. At the very least, get into a strong 3-days a week program and get in as best shape as possible. It certainly pays off in the long run.

No comments: